ActiveTwo is provided with drivers and host data acquisition software for Windows and Mac computers, and drivers also exist for Linux. Note that certain applications, such as event-related potentials, often require a separate computer to run experimental control / stimulus delivery software.
In brief, the computer requirements for the ActiView data acquisition software are:
- Operating system: Windows 7, 8, or 10 or Mac OS X
- RAM: 8 GB or more
- Hard Drive: recommend 250 GB, but user should anticipate free space needed for data (file size in bytes is approximately = 3 X AD rate in Hz X number of channels X number of seconds recorded)
- Display: 1440 X 900 or higher resolution display
- One free USB port
Note: The ActiveTwo computer DOES NOT NEED A PARALLEL PORT. A parallel port on the experimental control computer can be used to send stimuli to ActiveTwo.
In addition, the following are recommended for the ActiView computer:
- Network interface and remote storage for data backups
- Accessories such as KVMA switch box, extra monitor / keyboard / mouse, extension cables, etc to permit access to the EEG display from the separate room for the subject