This Spring, Artinis will introduce a new wearable, wireless fNIRS system called Brite24, which measures, stores and wirelessly transmits up to 27 channels of fNIRS signals from any region of the scalp. Brite24 follows closely on the heels of the release last Spring of Brite23, which offered a similar channel configuration but had probes suited only for the frontal region of the head.
As with all Artinis fNIRS devices, multiple systems can be operated simultaneously and streamed to the same PC for hyperscanning experiments. Using Brite24 in combination with PortaMon will allow for both CNS and muscle hymodynamics. Hyperscanning has been employed in cognitive and social sciences, developmental psychology, sports team dynamics, military research on group dynamics, education research in the classroom , and even music arenas. The possibilities are nearly endless!
Brite24 can be configured to measure 27 channels from any single large region of the head, or a smaller total number of channels can be measured from combinations of smaller regions as 2×12 channels, 2×10 + 2 short channels, or 4×4 + 2 short channels. The probes fit into a specially-designed full head-cap with 64+ optode positions to permit a great deal of flexibility of placement for the 10 transmitters and 8 receivers. Along with the the head-cap design Brite24 has new optodes
Three mechanical innovations make Brite24 suitable for measurement anywhere on the head.
- The Brite optode holders can be moved easily to any defined location on the cap.
- The tips of the Brite24 optodes have a tapered tip to penetrate hair.
- The Brite24 optodes have an extended shaft and the holder/shaft design permit continuous height adjustment, optimizing contact pressure over hair-covered areas and accommodating variations in head shape.
- Brain oxygenation monitoring
- Sports science
- Functional studies
- Cerebral studies
- Inside and outside the lab
- TECHNOLOGY Continuous wave near-infrared spectroscopy using modified Lambert-Beer law
- MEASURES Oxy-, deoxy-, and total hemoglobin
- DATA ANALYSIS SOFTWARE Oxysoft
- OPERATING SYSTEM Windows 7 and higher
- LIGHT SOURCE Light emitting diodes: 10×2 wavelengths.
- CHANNELS 2×12 channels, 2×10 + 2 short channels, 4×4 + 2 short channels, 1x27channels
- WAVELENGTHS Standard nominal 760 and 850 nm, others possible
- DETECTORS 8x photodiode with ambient light protection
- OPTODE DISTANCE 30 mm
- BATTERY LIFE 2 hours. Brite can be connected to a power bank for longer measurements
- TOTAL WEIGHT Approx. 300 grams
- DIMENSIONS (LxWxH) Battery housing 75x75x30 mm
- HEADCAP SIZE Headcaps available in multiple sizes
- ENVIRONMENT Operating temperature: ~ 10-35 °c
- INTERFERENCE No interference with EEG, ECG or EMG
- OPTIONAL All devices can be combined with the Portasync
- NOISE ~0.001 standard deviation in optical density at a total of ~5 optical densities at a measurement frequency of 10 hz
- OFFLINE DATA STORAGE 100+ hours
- RESOLUTION 24 bit
- SAMPLE RATE 1 to 100 Hz
- ACCESSORIES 9-axis orientation sensor
- NIRS + OTHER MODALITIES We deliver the following optional packages:
- Brite+ TMSI EMG package (2 channels or more)
- Brite+ TMSI EEG package (16 channels or more)
- Brite +Tobii eyetracker