When used together with Polhemus™ digitizing hardware, LOCATOR allows you to measure accurately electrode locations an external head shape in 3 dimensions. These data may then be used for MRI coregistration and more accurate source estimation. LOCATOR currently supports two Polhemus products: FASTRAK and PATRIOT.*
- Electrode locations may be determined by touching with a stylus.
- Head movement is automatically compensated with 1-3 head mounted sensors.
- External head shape locations may be determined by “drawing” over the head surface with a stylus. Head movement is automatically compensated with 1-3 head mounted sensors.
- Location of named points (such as nasion, inion, etc) may be obtained and stored.
- Sensor and fiducial names can be read out loud in any language to minimize the need to monitor the Locator software display during digitization.
- BESA, Curry, and EMSE formats are supported.*
- Other sensors (including optical sensors and magnetic sensors) may also be digitized.
- Setup functions for Polhemus hardware (PATRIOT and FASTRAK) are available through the LOCATOR menu.
- Locator can warn the user when the stylus has been moved during digitization (based upon user-specified threshold)
- Operator may back up and repeat digitization of points already completed.
- 3D display after digitizing permits viewing of digitized points.
- User Interface. A conventional Microsoft Windows style graphical user interface is used throughout.
- Audio prompt allows you to digitize electrodes from a sequence file without looking at the screen.
- Input: None
- Output: Measured locations may be used for 3D rendering of sensors on a head surface in VISUALIZER, and for source estimation in SOURCE ESTIMATOR.
- Input: ASCII setup files may be used to store commonly used sequences (e.g. electrode names).
- Output: ASCII (EMSE format) probe and headshape files; BESA and Curry ASCII export formats*
- Graphics may be transferred to clipboard for use by other graphics programs or for insertion into word processors.
- Printed. User manual, including file formats.
- Online documentation is bundled with the software.
|CPU||Laptop-grade Intel or AMD processor|
|Port||RS232 serial port or USB port with an included USB-to-serial adaptor|
|Operating System||Windows XP/7/8||Windows 7|
|Installation medium||CD-ROM or web package installer|
|Other hardware||Polhemus Isotrak*, Fastrak* & Patriot*|