ActiveTwo is a powerful high-resolution biosignal acquisition system that incorporates some revolutionary concepts. Active electrode technology is just one of the significant innovations in the ActiveTwo system. By placing active electronics within millimeters of the actual electrode contact, ActiveTwo virtually eliminates the need to prepare the scalp before applying electrodes. This can cut measurement preparation time by an estimated 15 -30 minutes for most laboratories!
ActiveTwo can also be equipped with additional sensors for respiration, skin conductance, temperature, plethysmograph (pulse) and other parameters. An optional isolated analog input box makes it possible to acquire almost any type of signal synchronously with the signals sampled by the ActiveTwo A/D box.
As an added benefit, ActiveTwo comes with powerful data acquisition software developed in National Instruments’ LabView. We provide the compiled software so you do not need to own LabView, and you do not need to be a programmer to operate the system. For those laboratories with programming resources, the source code is provided so that you can add any special features that you may need.
Each ActiveTwo system is built upon a basic set of items known as the Base System.
- A/D interface box with no amplifier/converter modules (no channels installed)
- USB 2.0 interface box with USB 2.0 cable
- Rechargeable battery unit – 2 each
- Battery charger with A/C adapter
- ActiView Data Acquisition Software
Typical Additional Components:
- Amplifier/Converter modules – up to 32 8-channel modules per A/D interface box
- Active Electrodes – A/D interface can accommodate up to 256 active electrodes in sets of 32 on high-density connectors and/or up to 8 with individual leads and touch proof connectors
- Head Caps – with electrode holders and position labels
- Active Electrodes – with individual leads and touch-proof connectors
- Trigger Interface Cable
- Optional Sensors – for galvanic skin response, respiration, temperature, or pulse/plethysmograph
- Custom-configured auxiliary inputs on the A/D interface box. These inputs are appropriate for use with battery-powered or self-powered signal sources such as a condenser microphone or a photocell.
- Analog input box with up to 16 bipolar / 32 monopolar channels and fiber-optic coupling to main A/D interface box
You May Also Need:
- Consumable supplies
- Post-processing software
- Electrode position measurement hardware/software
- Stimulus delivery software
- Behavioral response measurement hardware
- Installation and training
In addition, you will need computers, monitors and interface cables/devices to streamline operation between operator area and subject chamber. We find that most customers prefer to source these items through their normal channels. If you prefer to have us provide these items, we can do so if it is more convenient for you.
Consumable supplies (2)
The inside diameter of adhesive ring should be about the same size as, or larger than, the diameter of the electrode contact. The inside diameter of the adhesive ring should not be larger than the outer diameter of the electrode housing. The outside diameter minus the center hole determines how much surface area contacts the skin, thus determining how tightly the adhesive will adhere to the skin. Also, the outside diameter will limit how close you can place electrodes to one another and to other features, such as the eyes.
Using ActiveTwo as an example, the electrode contact on a flat-type electrode has a diameter of about 4.5 mm. An adhesive ring with 5 mm id (center hole) would be idea, but the 5×13 adhesives are rather expensive because they are manufactured in Europe. We recommend using a 4×19 or a 4×12 adhesive ring. The 4×12 is a good choice when placing the electrodes close to one another or close to the eyes for startle measurements. The 4×19 is a good choice when you have plenty of room and the primary concern is how well the electrodes stick to the skin.
- 8 mm id x 20 mm od: CS-AT-AR20X8BS – roll of 500
- 5 mm id x 13 mm od: CS-AT-AR13X5BS – roll of 500
- 12 mm id x 32 mm od: CS-AT-ARIV12X32 – pack of 100
- 8 mm id x 22 mm od: CS-AT-ARIV8X22 – pack of 100
- 4 mm id x 12 mm od: CS-AT-ARIV4X12 – pack of 100
- 4 mm id x 19 mm od: CS-AT-ARIV4X19 – pack of 100 (part of the standard ActiveTwo consumable supplies kit)
This is a sample list of some recent publications. For more, visit Google Scholar.