32 Channel EEG Mini-Cap for non-invasive EEG in Wistar rat: 5mm. Size Small: 5 mm spacing between contacts.
The EEG mini-cap, atlas and source models for Wistar rats represent a new experimental platform for translational neuroscience, bridging the gap between rat and human measurements and enabling non-invasive multi-modal
measurements that previously had been unavailable.
This unique MRI-compatible 32 channel mini-cap is one part of a three-component approach to translational neuroscience research in Wistar rats, consisting of 1) suitably sized caps for non-invasive high density scalp EEG measurements in small animals with intact skull; 2) biophysical source and head models for small animal EEG and 3) brain atlas for human comparison: Wistar rat digital probabilistic atlas (special license required from the inventor) that may inform both source modeling and results interpretation while serving as a bridge for comparison with human brain atlases.
· Unique non-invasive 32 channel scalp recording array
· Biophysical source and head models: brain source analysis methods specially tuned for small heads
· Brain atlas for human comparison: Wistar rat digital probabilistic atlas (available on license) and template (downloadable).
– Simultaneous EEG-fMRI
– Simultaneous EEG-NIRS
– Global EEG + intracranial recording
– Easy to apply and remove
– Adaptable to most EEG systems
– Termination to Biosemi ActiveRat, BrainAmp MR or NeurOne interface connector at no additional cost (interface connector hardware purchased separately and/or supplied by customer)
– Riera J., Ogawa T., Goto T., Sumiyoshi A., Nonaka H., Evans A., Miyakawa H., Kawashima R. Pitfalls in the dipolar model for the neocortical EEG sources. Journal of Neurophysiology 108(4): 956-975, 2012.
– Sumiyoshi, A., Riera J., Ogawa T., Kawashima R. A Mini-Cap for simultaneous EEG and fMRI recording in rodents. NeuroImage 54, 1951-1965, 2011.
– Valdés-Hernández P.A., Sumiyoshi A., Nonaka H., Haga R., Aubert-Vásquez E., Iturria-Medina Y., Riera J., Kawashima R. An in vivo MRI template set for morphometry, tissue segmentation and fMRI localization in rats. Frontiers in Neuroinformatics 5, article 26:1-19, 2011.