Cortech Solutions is a regular financial supporter of the Carousel center in Wilmington, NC. The Carousel Center’s mission is two-fold. To meet the physical, emotional and psychological needs of children who have suffered physical or sexual abuse and to improve the community through child abuse education and prevention. The Carousel Center is committed to assisting victims of child abuse by providing critical care services to children throughout southeastern North Carolina by providing:
- Medical Examinations – Certified medical professionals perform a complete medical examination in a nurturing and supportive environment on children who are victims of physical or sexual abuse.
- Forensic Interviews – The Carousel Center maintains a non-threatening designated room for investigators to use the closed circuit video recording equipment. All interviewers are trained to ask questions in age appropriate ways while serving the needs of law enforcement, prosecution, and social services. During this process the child’s emotional and physical well being continues to be a priority.
- Child Therapy – The Carousel Center provides child therapy services for children who have experienced sexual/physical abuse and/or neglect, so they can concentrate on doing the hard work of healing, and get back to the business of childhood.
- Additional Services – An on-site family advocate ensures that children and the non-offending family members receive needed services in a timely fashion. A fluent Spanish speaking case manager can be provided.
- Therapy Dog – Our therapy dog Rudy is on-site to provide additional support to children and their families if needed.
- The National Children’s Alliance (CAC-NC) – The Carousel Center is a facility affiliated with The National Children’s Alliance (CAC-NC). The purpose is to provided a safe, caring environment for children who are suspected to be victims of sexual or physical abuse and/or neglect.
To learn more about The Carousel Center, visit their website at carouselcenter.org.